Tuesday, 29 June 2010

It's a good job I married him....


Can it really be 14 years ago?  Where does time go?

Today is our wedding anniversary.  He very helpfully pointed out yesterday that I could pinch the transformer from the coffee machine if I wanted to sew (and as long as no-one needed a coffee) ... I knew there was a reason I married him!!

Anyway, I spent a happy few hours yesterday whipping up this little wristlet.  The fabric I've used is coincidentally from my wedding outfit - I only had the smallest piece of this patterned cream silk that was used for my waistcoat and this just happened to be enough for the overlay on the front of the bag - the rest (which you can't see in the photo above!) is from the plain cream silk used in my skirt and train.  This wristlet would have come in handy on the day!

I made this to test out a new pattern  from Nicole Mallalieu.  It was really, really fun to make and I can see me making more, in different fabrics in the future.



6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. I'm glad I married mine too.. lets me make things and have a shop while he earns money to support us all. It's my anniversary on 1st July (21 years) I hope you are going to keep that little bag for yourself. You don't get many opportunities to wear your wedding dress again but the little bag may be the next best thing.
    Me and my daughter dressed up, her in my wedding dress and me in my bridesmaid dress from my sisters wedding....scared the life out of my husband. But it was good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you both. Love the photo and love that little clutch! And I am so glad your sewing machine is back working again thanks to coffee machine transformer. Have a fab day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fiona - yes, this one is definitely for me! I have been known to wear the waistcoat from my wedding outfit with other things, so I may get to use it sometime. Congratulations for Thursday!
    Thanks Ady!! I'm also relieved to have a solution to my problems as I have a few orders to fulfil. Wish I'd thought of it last week- I'd be further ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngratulations Fiona - happy anniversary!

    The Party Purse wristlet looks lovely - and it's wonderful that you were able to use some of your wedding outfit fabric. Nice touch.

    Thank you so much for contributing your reviews to the competition!!! So far you're winning first, second and third prizes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric!!! The wristlet looks great. How wonderful to use the fabric left over from your wedding outfit!!! Your wedding dress is stunning!!! Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete