Sunday, 27 June 2010

Problems, problems

Well I'm back from a very nice holiday in Germany  - I'm over the jet lag and wanted to start on some new projects.

Only problem is my sewing machine doesn't want to play.  At all.

It's not the machine itself - it's the transformer that it's plugged into.  My sewing machine is 25 years old and UK-bought ... and for the moment I'm in Canada on North American voltage.  It makes life complicated - not least because the step up/ down transformers don't appear to be particularly reliable.  I now have to wait probably a week for a replacement to be shipped from the US and get past Canadian customs.

And it could take longer.   (Yawn).

I have a project ready to go on my cutting table - a new bag pattern that requires possibly 2 or 3 hours more work to finish it.  Plus several orders to fulfil.

It's so frustrating.

Add to that the fact that my granny shrug was progressing nicely - right up to the point where I realised I didn't have enough yarn.  So that's been frogged - I'll make something else (smaller) with the yarn and look out for some different yarn for my shrug.

Talking of frogs - my friend's daughter and I made some lovely ones using Purl Bee's pattern and (completely relaxed as I was)  I forgot to photograph them!!

Oh well - time to sit back and twiddle my thumbs for lack of anything better to do!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!! Poor you! Can you borrow one from someone you know there? Good to see you back. I've missed you! :-)

    ReplyDelete