Thursday, 29 July 2010

My Creative Space

Lots of purses waiting to be finished .....

Grainy photo taken at with high ISO because we're in the middle of another thunderstorm and it's so very, very dark and foreboding.


I see craft glue in my immediate future!!  Not my favourite part of the process, but a necessary evil.  If my customer decides she doesn't like the large grey purse with red interior, I'll be keeping it.  I love the colour combination and - with the frame separating the two fabrics - it looks wonderful (I just did a dry run).

Still more purses to make next week.  I'm getting quicker at these - especially now I've twigged that my jean-a-ma-jig is perfect for that final side seam, sewing towards the bulk of all that fabric and batting!  Why did it take me so long to work that one out ...?

Don't answer that!!!


If you sew and you don't have one of these gizmos, it's one of the most useful (cheap) gadgets I've bought and is an essential part of my sewing kit along side my long-handled wooden spoon and a small block of post-its!!


Anyway with my heart in my mouth I sent an order of 8 bags / purses off to Brazil with A at the weekend.  I get really nervous about customer reactions, but apparently everything was loved and appreciated and the girls threatened some more orders.

Oh my!  Going to have to get organised!!


And some girls at work (my voluntary job) here are also interested.

Help!


This could become a full-time "hobby" soon.  Luckily A fixed the transformer before he left for Brazil, so I no longer have to lug the transformer from the coffee machine over to the dining table every time I want to sew.  Now, that's a relief - the thing weighs a tonne!

Guess I'd better get back to work!!  In the meantime pop over to Kirsty's blog and see what everyone else is making this week.

4 comments:

  1. Oh great job. & yeah, keep it. Don't let her even have it! lol

    Go on, give socks a go. I am not an advanced knitter but can read a pattern. Takes a bit of figuring the needles out comfortably at first but you get the hang. Give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Fiona!! You've been a busy bee and these are totally smashing! I got some of that fabric from the Etsy shop you mentioned to me. Arrived yesterday .... eeeeee, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet purses! Love the fabric combos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely purses and i think i might need to look at getting a jean-a-ma-jig, if they are as good as you say they are!

    ReplyDelete