Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Enabling a Fabric Habit

Apparently my other half knows me really, really well and has started enabling my fabric obsession.

Look what he picked up for me on his latest business trip:


Hand-stitched fabric made by the Kuna Indians of Panama

I've only seen this photo - can't wait for him to get back next weekend to see them properly (and to see him - of course!).

Each panel is approx. 30 x 50 cms and, given the hours of work that must have gone into them, the price he paid was a pittance ($25 US for the pair).  It's criminal, but I'm rather glad he thought I might like them.  

I think I can see a very funky tote bag in my future.  It would be a shame to cut into these, so I'm going to keep it very simple, but I'll have to wait until I've taken possession before I really know what I'm going to make them into.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't he a gem?!! Great finds. I have an idea for the fish panel ... will think on it more today and mail you anon.

    ReplyDelete