Saturday, 14 August 2010

Market Bag

This is my new bag for when I'm running errands ....


It's got room for lots of shopping and will stand up to the washing machine if when it gets dirty.  Made using very sturdy dish cloth cotton and a 5mm crochet hook.

I expanded my crochet experience along the way (increasing and decreasing intentionally!).  This was very easy and quick to make - took about 5 hours while watching TV during the last few evenings.  I need to find my next project now - preferably something that requires a different stitch - having made the shrug and this, I think I can safely say that I've mastered double crochet (that's treble crochet if you're in the UK, I think).

While I was in the library the other day I found a great book called showing you how to make lots of variations on granny squares, hexagons, triangles etc...  So I might use some of my odds and ends of yarn to make some interesting shapes and get some practice in while I'm searching for the next pattern.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm still on my first granny hexagon for my shrug ... those treble crochets still feel awkward to hook up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I can't do granny squares for toffee - it's an ambition of mine to learn - so have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bag Fiona. I knew would soon get hooked on crochet. I made a nice bag with similar yarn (nice sturdy cotton) Mine used solomons knots which were a bit tricky at first but very effective.

    ReplyDelete