Thursday, 5 August 2010

My Creative Space


I'm finally making the Granny Shrug!!!!  

And this time I think I've got it right ... new glasses really have made such a difference to the end result! I'm crocheting the shrug in a cotton DK weight yarn with an 8mm hook; so lots of rounds are needed to make the right size.  One half is complete - just need to get the second hex finished.

So far, so good!

Also on the cutting table today, a pile of purses ready for sewing and an unfinished list of Christmas presents to make before I head back to the UK to see family this autumn!

Hop on over to Kirsty's to see what everyone else is doing this week ....

12 comments:

  1. This is stunning. Beautiful colour choice too. I can't even begin to imagine how you create something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like magic - all those stitches! Fantastic work you crochet wizard, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! looks wonderful! colour is gorgeous.
    looking forward to seeing the finished creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - that looks so pretty. Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blue! I bet it'll look great when it's finished. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good! I forget you haven't always had glasses like me... I'm celebrating 35 years with spectacles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That colour will make a stunning shrug. Gorgeous photo. I hope you get it made up soon and can enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour - please post the finished shrug for us to see!
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Fiona, it's looking good.
    Thanks to Mr I.T. I am back in the blogging world again.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours here, the blue of your lovely crochet and the orange around it is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful colour.Looking forward to seeing the finished shrug

    ReplyDelete