Tuesday, 17 August 2010

A Quick Gift

I volunteer at the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate in Burlington - usually one morning a week, sometimes several.  Just depends on workload - sometimes (like now!) it feels a bit more full-time than others!

This week the person I work for is leaving to take up a new position with Habitat for Humanity Canada and I decided to whip up a quick leaving gift:



This was based on a pattern for a small coin purse (by Nicole Mallalieu) but I enlarged it to make it into a make-up bag.  I love this fabric especially with the red zip (and red lining!) and the pattern is easy and relatively quick.  It makes a nice change not having to mess around with glue and purse frames!

Fingers crossed she likes it!

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so lovely - love that fabric and looks fantastic with the red zipper! Thanks for your very kind comments on my blog :) Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. its beautiful! the red zip complements the brown fabric so well.

    ReplyDelete