Monday, 13 September 2010

More Finished Stuff!

It doesn't feel like I've been very productive recently because I've been working on Christmas presents and I can't show you those yet.

However I can show you these:





This is the crocheted cardigan for my niece's birthday (she's not aware of blogs just yet - so I'm safe posting about this!), made using Lion Brand's Bebop Cardi pattern.  Took me a while to figure it all out but I'm quite happy with the result and I think she'll like it.  Made with some lovely nubbly cotton yarn from Mission Falls.

I got there in the end and I even had the right number of stitches on the last row - quite an achievement for me!!  My crocheting skills are still rather limited and I'm always surprised when it goes right.





I finished off this frame purse for a customer yesterday - it's been waiting for the frame to be attached for nearly a week, but I've been waiting for A to be at home to help (it's do-able on my own, but goes so much faster with a second pair of hands!).

That's it for now.  One more present to finish for my UK trip and then I may have time to make myself something - what shall I have?

A new bag?
Or maybe a beret?
Or perhaps I'll work out what to do with some internal frames that I bought a while back and just haven't sorted out how to use them!  I know what I want to make with them - just need to draft up a pattern and try it out.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona

    Sorry I couldn't find your email address to reply direct. I can ship anywhere in the world. Just let me know and I'll give you a quote on the postage cost for cards!

    Cam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Fiona, Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning, it's great to meet new people!

    Your niece is going to love her cardigan :-)

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag - I so want to make something like that - I got the bag making bible last week and then looked at the site - I don't do glue well - I may have to reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  4. found u at icroche. i have a a linky blog :)
    http://www.linkhandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. how hard was the cardigan? my dd would love one of those. i've never made clothing before, only flat blankets and such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki - the cardi is listed as 'easy' on the Lion Brand website. I didn't find it easy - but I really am a crochet newbie. It was a good learning experience and I'm sure that next time round I'll wonder why it took me so long to do something like 20 rows of crochet!! If you've made blankets before you probably know your stitches, don't have a problem working in rows and can keep the right number of stitches per row - all of which were a huge challenge for me!! I would definitely recommend it as a project - if I can do it, anyone can!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, Thank you! My daughter would sure love something this nice. You did a great job on that! I am not sure mine would looks as nice ;)

    ReplyDelete