Thursday, 2 September 2010

My Creative Space

Work in Progress...


A baguette bag ... nearly finished.

It's been a bad sewing week ... my sewing machine seems to have hiccups.  The timing is off and it isn't sewing reliably (yes, I'm blaming the machine and justly so). 

It's entirely possible that it's an effect of running for a year on a transformer with the wrong hertz (or something), but it's also a very old machine (25 years) and feeling its age.  

Here's hoping I can keep it hobbling along as I have no wish to buy a new machine over here.  Murphy's Law states that if we make a major electrical purchase we will swiftly be relocated to somewhere that said electrical product doesn't work ... on second thoughts, maybe I should buy a new sewing machine for just that reason!!

Anyway, the bag above has been made extra challenging as a result of the machine problems and I'm honestly not that happy with it.  I'm going to finish it and see what I think when its completed.

To see what is happening in other people's creative space this week, visit Kirsty's blog.

10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, Fiona - that orange fabric is fab. Hope your machine sorts itself out ... maybe it just needs a service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see any issues from this perspective. It's a lovey Baguette! Don't give up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty good to me and I love the fabric. Hope you are happy with the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great from were I am sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric and design bag - I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bag!! The fabric is a great choice.
    Hope your machine is sorted soon
    Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think is looks great and am very impressed that the motifs line up from the bottom to the flap! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous. Looks like it is ready to be sold in the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bag and the fabric choice is perfect.:)

    ReplyDelete