Thursday, 11 November 2010

My Creative Space


I haven't been making much since I got back from holiday.  First there were all those jobs to prepare for winter that really should have been done in October and secondly the weather has been glorious and I wanted to make the most of it.

However, I have started crocheting a very simple sweater for myself and have completed the back so far.  It really is very, very easy to make - single crochet all the way - but I decided simple was good and may help me to keep the right number of stitches per row (so far, so good!).  Whether it actually gets finished while it's still winter is another matter - it has been very slow going due to whatever is up with my right arm (tendonitis I think!), so I can only do a little bit at a time.

On the sewing front, there are several fabrics on my cutting mat waiting for me to get enthusiastic about making some more bags.  Maybe next week....

To see what everyone else is making, head on over to Kirsty's blog.

5 comments:

  1. I think it will be a beautiful sweater! I love the color! so warm!
    Thank you for popping by my blog today!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, looks like it will come out nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona,
    Thanks for popping by and your sweet comments on my hexies (sounds like an illness?!). I too have the same question about making them rectangular at the end of it all. However, I've decided not to focus on that now and I'll cross that bridge when I get to it - or rather Google it.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colour of the sweater... Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Fiona, That's a big project you have there. I haven't ventured into anything so structured yet. Definately on the list to do after the snow men.

    ReplyDelete