Saturday, 1 January 2011

2010 Photo Montage


Just a sample of some of the things I made in 2010 as I sit here drinking bubbles (no, nothing French - I'm making do with a very nice Canadian equivalent - yep, they make wine out here and some of it is quite good!) and waiting to greet the new year!!

OK - so I'm really playing with a new website I've just found out about.  I was about to download an expensive photoshop action to create blog montages and found a comment on one of my photography forums about this website:  http://bighugelabs.com  I used their mosaic maker linking to my flickr account to create the montage above.  So easy! And free!  Both excellent qualities!!!!

From the comments on my previous post, I've decided to do some quilting and some felting in 2011.  My last experience with patchwork (it's nearly quilting, right?) was aged about 13 when I made a patchwork cushion for my Home Economics class - can't say it rocked my world then, but I've seen some fabulous quilts in blogland and think there is probably a style of quilting out there that I may like and I have loads of fabric scraps after all!  Felting I have never, ever tried but there is a first time for everything and I'm curious!

My other self-imposed challenge for 2011 is to make at least one temari ball ... I've had the materials for a while but haven't got round to it yet.  The basic ball is formed - I just need to create the divisions and start the embroidery.  And I'm also tempted by sashiko....

Wish me luck and watch this space!

Happy New Year!  (we're nearly there - just 6 hours to go now!!)

13 comments:

  1. You've made some lovely things in 2010 - that purse is especially adorable!
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of 2010 accomplishments! You've inspired me to make a more serious attempt at the kiss-clasp purses this year. I normally use zippers, but it's time to move on...
    And if you're looking for another men's gift for Christmas next year, check out the "My Guy" quilt I made for my stepson this year. Might be just the ticket for "your guys" next year! http://www.randomactsofstitching.blogspot.com/
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Temari balls look like serious fun... Glad to hear you took my suggestion about the quilting seriously! Have fun, love the mosaic and thanks for the link, Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onward and upward.... Looking forward to seeing some fantabulous quilting and felting in these-here parts (or at least se that you're enjoying it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!

    Ohhh, can't wait to see the Temari - so no pressure there then. I bought the book 'The Craft of Temari by Mary Wood' yearssssssss ago. It's full of really good ideas - I know this because I looked at it a lot - just looked though I never made anything! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Fiona! Thank you for this wonderful post! I'll go to see that photo-program and those balls look so lovely...difficult but interesting...should I try too...
    I'm now your follower. Was it easy to put that Friends connect gadget?
    I wish you have a wonderful, creative and happy New Year! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona...you made some beauties in 2010, lovely mosaic. I don't have a flickr account...does it cost money? If I can try a bag or two this year...you can try quilting...ok? All the best in your new crafting ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fiona, Naturally Carol posted how much she likes your blog in a comment on mine today. I am CERTAIN that I have been here before and she is right - what a lovely blog you have going!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Fiona for your info. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Fiona!!

    I love the montage - all of your work looks fabulous. You have had a truly spectacular 2010, I can't wait to see what you make this year (I consider patchwork to be quilting too).

    Thank you very much for all of the support you have given me over the past 12 months!!

    Here's to 2011!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Fiona,
    I am very happy to give you the stylish blogger award! Come and pick it from my blog!
    Your mosaic pics are lovely!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Fiona,
    I am very happy to give you the stylish blogger award! Come and pick it from my blog!
    Your mosaic pics are lovely!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice collage. You are very clever!!

    ReplyDelete