Sunday, 30 January 2011

My Alpaca Cowl & Hat


The alpaca experiment is underway.  I knitted this cowl out of the yarn I bought the other day using a pattern I used previously for a Christmas present.  It knitted up beautifully and is finished just in time for the temperatures to plunge again on Monday!

And then to finish the yarn, I crocheted this quick and easy hat:


Somehow it looks purple in this light, but it's really the same blue as the cowl!!

Now we wait to see whether or not I'm allergic to alpaca ..... shouldn't take long to find out!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are not because they are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Fiona. Where did you find the hat pattern? I'm wondering if it would suit even me! Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will be wonderful for Germany as well...very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarn and a lovely pattern too, looks great. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet message...I am feeling better now!
    Love the hat :)
    Have a beautiful evening,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cowl & hat... they look so soft. I wonder if the yarn comes in that shade of purple, I rather like it :-D

    ReplyDelete