Monday, 17 January 2011

Quiet?

If you think it's been quiet on this blog for a while, you'd be right and with good reason.  We're mobilising for a move back to Europe in about (gulp) 40 days' time!!  We've been expecting it for a while, but there wasn't too much we could do before the paperwork was settled.

Since New Year I've been working on a couple of projects, but I can't show you till the recipients have had them for their birthdays!  So I'll take photos and save them for later in the year - there's nothing like getting a head start on these things!

In the meantime, just imagine me:

- digging through cupboards looking for stuff
- throwing things out (I'm not a hoarder - it's just more stuff to pack / unpack)
- out shopping for things that I won't be able to get back in Germany!!
- out shopping for yarn / ribbon for the projects I've got planned while I'm waiting for my sewing machine to travel across the Atlantic
- generally running around like a mad thing!
- oh, and trying to stay warm - it was minus 18 this morning with a wind chill of minus 28.  I so won't miss the weather here!!

Thing is, I don't mind any of this work as I'm so happy to be heading back.  As we're going to Frankfurt (where we lived before Canada), it's an easy move for us - we know what to expect and where most things are; half the stress is theoretically gone straight away.  I just need to find great yarn and fabric stores to keep me crafting once I get there.

I'm trying to make this a stress-less move!  My husband will be cracking up laughing reading this!  I am the original stress bunny!  We're very lucky though that his company comes in and does the packing - so I've just got to get organised before they arrive!!

Current stress level ... 2/10!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona..you've shocked me! I always thought you were British and never expected you to move...and don't ask me why...isn't if funny the pictures we get in our heads of someone!! I hope your move goes very smoothly and you do find some great craft shops...but you can always order online if you don't..I always use 'the fat quarter shop' and 'Hawthorne Threads' who have online newsletters and blogs too. (No...they aren't paying me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving back to the EU!! Very exciting!
    Good luck with the move and stay warm! minus 28??? OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fiona,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog today!
    So you're moving just like me :) But I'm moving to a new house and staying in the same country For you it is a "BIG MOVE" but it is good to have a change from time to time eh? Do not stress, the most important thing is to find a yarn store and all will be OK!
    Have a wonderful evening,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona...not worried at all that you won't do your bit...you just take care of all you have to at the moment..it is enough! I am sure when and where it is your turn you will know. I am a Christian and fully believe the Lord will provide exactly the number of cushions He has places for me to deliver them to...whether that is twenty or two hundred. Carol xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Fiona! How exited time you are living now! I'm with you in my thoughts more than you can guess...I hope your moving is going to be as easy as possible and don't stress too much (easy to say)! I hope also that soon you are in your new crafty room and we can see your new creations and perhaps even your new home!
    Good luck and have a lovely time! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow moving countries again..and here I was feeling sorry for myself because I have to find a new house in the next 2 weeks in another suburb :-D

    It sounds like you have everything under control & will have everything packed in no time!

    xh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you'll keep up with your blogging after the move. I'd hate to lose contact with you! I enjoy having you to compare notes with, and especially love seeing what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete