If you think it's been quiet on this blog for a while, you'd be right and with good reason. We're mobilising for a move back to Europe in about (gulp) 40 days' time!! We've been expecting it for a while, but there wasn't too much we could do before the paperwork was settled.
Since New Year I've been working on a couple of projects, but I can't show you till the recipients have had them for their birthdays! So I'll take photos and save them for later in the year - there's nothing like getting a head start on these things!
In the meantime, just imagine me:
- digging through cupboards looking for stuff
- throwing things out (I'm not a hoarder - it's just more stuff to pack / unpack)
- out shopping for things that I won't be able to get back in Germany!!
- out shopping for yarn / ribbon for the projects I've got planned while I'm waiting for my sewing machine to travel across the Atlantic
- generally running around like a mad thing!
- oh, and trying to stay warm - it was minus 18 this morning with a wind chill of minus 28. I so won't miss the weather here!!
Thing is, I don't mind any of this work as I'm so happy to be heading back. As we're going to Frankfurt (where we lived before Canada), it's an easy move for us - we know what to expect and where most things are; half the stress is theoretically gone straight away. I just need to find great yarn and fabric stores to keep me crafting once I get there.
I'm trying to make this a stress-less move! My husband will be cracking up laughing reading this! I am the original stress bunny! We're very lucky though that his company comes in and does the packing - so I've just got to get organised before they arrive!!
Current stress level ... 2/10!!