Last September when I made this bag something wasn't quite right. The strap didn't work and I shoved it to the back of the cupboard pending finding a more suitable strap fabric.
Fast forward to last week when I was clearing out said cupboard in preparation for our move and I re-discovered the bag and also managed to find the fabric I bought sometime before Christmas for the new strap. This morning I decided to sort it out and here it is - my slouch bag complete with a thinner, longer, sturdier strap. This strap is long enough to wear across the body and is made from cotton canvas.
I'm much happier with this version of the Slouch Bag - just can't think why it took me 4 months to fix it!!