Friday, 28 January 2011

Slouch Bag Re-Done


Last September when I made this bag something wasn't quite right.  The strap didn't work and I shoved it to the back of the cupboard pending finding a more suitable strap fabric. 

Fast forward to last week when I was clearing out said cupboard in preparation for our move and I re-discovered the bag and also managed to find the fabric I bought sometime before Christmas for the new strap.  This morning I decided to sort it out and here it is - my slouch bag complete with a thinner, longer, sturdier strap.  This strap is long enough to wear across the body and is made from cotton canvas. 

Problem solved!!

I'm much happier with this version of the Slouch Bag - just can't think why it took me 4 months to fix it!!  

8 comments:

  1. That looks nice now! The strap looks great and is a very practical length. Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good - I too think when I've put something to one side to alter, repair when I have done it - why on earth didn't I do it sooner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo - that's really nice. I like cross-shoulder bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fiona! Your bag looks so great now! I just love the fabric! It must be now very practical and comfortable! I have a difficulties to carry a bag in the super market and prefer 'over the sholder'!
    Have a lovely weekend! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bag - such a good feeling to turn something you're not quite happy with into something great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another great bag!!! I can see you're a big fan of 'You Sew Girl''. I have 4 of Nikki's patterns and her book, but have only made one to date... the Shell Purse.

    ReplyDelete