Thursday, 27 January 2011

Stash Happy!


The postman brought me these lovely fabrics this morning from one of my favourite online fabric retailers in Canada.  

Whilst everyone in blog-land seems to be trying to stick to their New Year's resolution to de-stash, I'm very happily stash building before we leave.  I'm sure I'll find some new suppliers in Germany (anyone got any recommendations in the Frankfurt area?) - but I need some materials to tide me over until then!

And it would be silly not to avail myself of free shipping while I can!!

I also went to my local yarn store today ...


This baby alpaca yarn is so unbelievably soft and cuddly.  I've been told that alpaca contains no lanolin and is hypo-allergenic, so there is a strong possibility that I may not be allergic to it.  How good would that be?!  I bought this yarn to make myself a big winter scarf and to test the allergy theory out. It's been so cold round here recently (down to minus 30 centigrade with wind chill) that I may just start knitting this up now!



And these are destined for projects I'll crochet while I'm waiting for my sewing machine to make it across the Atlantic - probably to make into birthday presents for friends later in the year.  The one on the left is a blend of hemp and cotton and the Tafi yarn on the right is a llama silk mix.

I'm spent up now!!  Oh well!

For other, much more creative spaces, hop over to Kirsty's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona...i would spend as much as the budget allows on building up your stash before you get to Germany. As the fabric is made in the US it is much cheaper where you are. If I bought mine here I would pay more than twice what I can buy it in the US for..including postage!
    I love your new fabrics...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also heard that yarn and fabric cost a lot in Europe.so you are doing good building up a stash.The yarn and the fabric are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fiona! I'm happy you got so wonderful materials today! Those fabrics look so lovely - but mostly I love the blue yarns you found - because I just love blue! And especially with various tones.
    I would like to give you 'Liebster Blog' Award! Please, when you can, visit me to have it.
    Sunny wishes! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, they all look so good. The top right fabric looks a tad like the one I should get round to making into curtains.

    My Auntie En goes to Germany sometimes, her youngest son lives over there and she de-stashed to me, amongst other things, some children's fabric and it has really unusual (well for here) cartoon characters on it. ;D

    ReplyDelete