Monday, 10 January 2011

Stylish Blogger Award



I am so excited - less than a year after starting this blog, I have been given the Stylish Blogger Award by Angie from Le Monde de Sucrette!!  Thank you Angie - you really made my day!!

So, now onto the conditions of the award ... firstly I have to tell you seven things about myself:


  • I've come back to sewing and knitting after a 20-year break.  My career got in the way, but now that I'm no longer working I need to fill my time and want to learn lots more handicrafts.  2010 was the year to learn crochet; this year I'm going to try my hand at quilting and felting too.
  • I have coeliac disease - so I can't eat anything with gluten in it.  I was diagnosed while living in Germany about 5 years ago surrounded by all those lovely German breads and cakes.  That was really hard, but I feel so much better without gluten in my life.
  • I'm seriously scared of heights (OK - spiders too) and in a former career I had a licence to drive a static racking crane that went 5 storeys high.  We regularly had to practice emergency crane evacuations which involved climbing down the racking wearing a harness - it was probably a good thing I moved to a desk job!
  • I'm really quite bossy - just ask my husband!
  • I have a 12-year old border collie, Pip.  We rescued her and her brother when they were about 6 months old.  Her brother died in March last year, but Pip is still going strong.
  • I am a qualified Teacher of English as a Second Language (TESOL) - I trained when we were living in Germany and taught in businesses in the Frankfurt area for 2 years before we came to Canada.  My qualifications aren't recognised here which is really, really annoying!
  • I have no sense of balance - sure, I can ride a bike (reluctantly!), but put me on roller or ice skates, skis, even just on plain old snow and ice and I very quickly end up on the ground.  Now, why did we move to Canada?  
The next part of this award is to pay it forward and nominate 15 new/ newish bloggers to receive the award.  So here is my list of those blogs that I read daily who haven't already received the award yet (as far as I'm aware!):

  1. Ady at Crafty Ady  
  2. Kristine at Ambassador Crochet
  3. Lucy at Attic 24
  4. Alice at Crochet with Raymond
  5. Paula at Feresaknit
  6. Fiona at Buy Design
  7. Heidi at Sewing Daisies
  8. Sara at Rhubarb and Ella
  9. Andy at Stumped Jumper (full disclosure: this is my husband's blog!!)
Now I'm stuck, because some of the people I would naturally have nominated have just received the award including Carol at Naturally Carol and Teje at Nero's Post and Patch plus of course, my nominator, Angie at Le Monde de Sucrette.  That would have taken me to just 12!! Note to self: read more blogs!

There are 4 duties to accept this award:

  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award (tick)
  2. Share 7 things about yourself (tick)
  3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered bloggers (tick - well almost)
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award (next job on the list!)
Once again, many thanks to Angie for giving me this award!


6 comments:

  1. Wow... thanks Fiona. I've been a bit of an absent blogger since before Christmas and just logged on and got your award. I fel special now. I'll do my bit tomorrow once I figure out how to copy the award icon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just proud and humbled to have been on your mind..love Carol xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be too proud...lol..forgot to congratulate you...so..CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU DESERVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fiona! Congratulations! You make so wonderful crafts and it's always enjoy to visit you! Thank you also for your sweet words and thinking me and Nero!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award and thank you for your nomination! I too have been absent from bloggerland for ages - will get back into it today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Fiona and congratulations for winning the award!!! Thank you for thinking of me! Raymond is looking very smug right now, he thinks he deserves it for sure XXXXX

    ReplyDelete