Thursday, 3 February 2011

My Creative Space


With going back to work (once we get back to Europe in just 3 weeks), I figured I needed a new work bag and had just enough time to squeeze in one more project before I pack the sewing machine up for its second trans-Atlantic crossing.

As luck would have it, my local fabric shop was having a sale this week and I picked up some suiting fabric at 70% off.  My new Mod Bag is all cut out ready to sew - hope to have it finished by Saturday evening when A gets back from his business trip to Australia (boy, is he in for a temperature shock!).

7 comments:

  1. Oooo - that is nice fabric! I like suiting fabric for bags - they look smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great so far!!! Smart yes smart like above mentioned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag looks fab...
    Thanks for stopping by
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fabric for a bag! I agree that your husband will be in for a HUGE temperature shock...you buffeted by all that snow and us with our hot humid days at the moment...so sad that so many people have lost their lives in the blizzards though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks verrrrry nice.

    When we went to Oz we were chatting to a waitress who came from Canada and she'd left some ridiculously low temp like -40 and arrived in the summer to +40! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see what you mean about the fabric and the interfacing! Somehow it manages to look stiff in the photo... good luck putting it together and I'll look forward to seeing a "finished" photo in due course! Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Fiona! Wonderful fabric for a new bag! Vow - in few weeks you have moved!
    I wish you sunny weekend! Teje

    ReplyDelete