Thursday, 26 May 2011

My Creative Space: Sweet Pea Shawl


Now that the birthday has passed, I can show you the shawl that I crocheted back in March.  I love this shawl and you can only guess how hard it was to pack it up and post it off to my sister-in-law.  Luckily she likes it!!  If only I could hop back to my favourite yarn shop in Burlington, Ontario and get some more of this wonderful llama / silk mix yarn.  Instead I'll just have to find a yarn shop over here and buy some different yarn to make another version for me.  Soon!

The pattern is from the wonderfully titled book: The Happy Hooker.  Maybe you have to be British to understand why that makes me smile!!

Take a look here for more creative spaces.

12 comments:

  1. Ooooo - that is sooo lovely! The book title made me smile too! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks lovely! I wasn't actually too keen on the pattern when I saw it in the book, but in that yarn it looks so beautiful that I want to start one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo that is sooo gorgeous! Lovely colour too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect colour for the jeans..would look great with a dress for evening as well..lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fiona! That shawl is really beautiful and you need to make one for yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Love that book title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona. That is indeed a lovely shawl and the colour is beautiful. I wish I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola. Me gusta mucho como te ha quedado el chal.
    Es precioso.
    Un saludo.
    Susana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour! Yes definately make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shawl is lovely! You should definitely make one for yourself. I am from the UK and it does make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great - you will have to do one for yourself soon (I alwasy say that about gifts but never do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift and it's great to see the front of you - did Andy take the pic? ;D

    ReplyDelete