Saturday, 14 May 2011

What a Cutie!



While Andy was out test-riding his new bike this afternoon (yep - another one!), I finished off this little purse.  This was made using Nicole Mallalieu's Shell Purse pattern and it's turned out to be a very cute purse.  

It's the first time I've sewn a purse frame on - the advantage is there's no danger of getting glue everywhere, but I did find it a bit fiddly.  I'm patting myself on the back for not tipping the pack of seed beads all over the floor or cutting myself on my newly sharpened (lethal) sewing shears.

Found a yarn shop this morning and bought some cotton for a new project.  Still looking for fabric stores round here though .... there must be some, somewhere!!  In the meantime I'll just have to rely on my stash ... but I'm bound to run out of thread or interfacing soon!

10 comments:

  1. You're quite right that is a cutie. My Auntie En gave me some material she had bought in Germany with some funny cartoon type characters on - so good luck with the fabric shopping. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's very sweet. When I first looked I thought it was a little tea pot. I'm obviously a true Scot in my tea drinking habits and a tea pot purse is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vow - Fiona, you made really cute and beautiful pouch! I think that fabric is so perfect for that style!
    I hope you find good fabric shops!
    Have a lovely time!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very satisfying little project, isn't it? I still look at my little purses and think "Awwwww..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very cute little purse and such an unusual shape..loving it! I will be interested to see your German fabric purchases when you find a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a cute little teapot...I want one, I want one, I want one!!!

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a cute purse. At first I thought it was a little teapot shape. I like the bead work - you must have the patience of a saint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh it's great Fiona, I am awaiting a purse frame and I am going to make one too

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Fiona!!! I've made this one too and it was also my first time putting in a frame. Those seed beads are so tiny, but totally worth it for the look they give.

    ReplyDelete