Thursday, 2 June 2011

Work In Progress


This one is taking me a while - I started cutting it out at the beginning of last week, but work, a sick dog and life in general seem to be conspiring to keep me out of my sewing room.

This is a little project for me - probably another reason why it's taking me so long - no deadlines!!  The plan was to knock it out quickly last week and move swiftly onto something else.  Just wondering if I have enough of the black and white fabric to make a skirt too?  Yeah - like I'll ever get round to that!!

I love my new sewing area.  I have a huge cutting table where I can leave everything laid out, opposite this is an old desk with my sewing machine set up permanently and the ironing board can be set up so that I can move easily between the three.  Makes for really good workflow (when I'm actually in there working, that is!).

To see what everyone else is making, head on over to Our Creative Spaces

12 comments:

  1. I do like your fabric combination very much. Hope the doggie gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the swirly fabric. It'd make a lovely skirt, I think.

    Especially in a busy week (hope the dog's feeling better :S), it's so hard to find time to sew for yourself. Projects for others fly along, but my own ones are languishing in my WIP drawer. Maybe we should plan for a 'Selfish September' or similar, where we only make things for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a bag by any chance..I like the fabric combination, very bold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your fabric selections for this project, and your sewing area sounds wonderful - lucky you! I've just found your blog, and it's lovely! Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my space!
    The dragon pattern I found on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cute-dragon
    I love colors going on in your space today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of a big cutting table. Fiona- do you know your settings mean it's impossible to email you back when you leave a comment? It comes up as noreply@blogger- you can change it in your settings if you want, or you may have done it like that on purpose- but i have told a few people, and none of them so far have done it on purpose, so thought I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and whit fabric and I think it would make a great skirt when you get the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great when you do not need to clear your stuff up each day, very motivating to continue the next day :)
    Good luck with finishing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ich bin begeistert von deinen Werken, sehr schöne Sachen hast du!Ich werde sicher öfter noch reinschauen!

    Lg JenMun(a)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric is gorgeous!!! Wish I had a nice, little craft corner. Would love not to have to clear the dining table of my stuff when we need to eat! :)

    Oh, thanks for entering my giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new sewing room sounds great - Hope you get lots of time in there to sew yourself that skirt!

    Love the fabric combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabric choices is it going to be a bag? hope your dog is getting better

    ReplyDelete