Thursday, 4 August 2011

My Creative Space ...Finally!


....getting back to some sewing
This will be a toiletry bag from Nikki's "You Sew Girl"
The dotty fabric is the lining!

I seem to have had a long break (trip to the UK, food poisoning, lots of visitors.... work, life!!)

I managed to start some knitting too:


The nearly completed back of a cap-sleeved summer top.
I may not be completely in love with the colour, but I'll finish it and see.  Maybe if I get it done the sun might come out ...?
Please ... it is supposed to be summer after all!

I added to my stash while in the UK after a spot of fabric shopping in Birmingham with a friend I haven't seen in about 16 years!  Ady and I were at uni together and she took me to some of her favourite fabric shops.  So, expect to see some skirts and tops appearing soonish!

I've also found a small fabric shop locally and have driven past what looks like a fabric warehouse (I was going to the tip at the time to get rid of all the hedge clippings - not the best time to go shopping) - I'll be investigating that one soon.  And there's a tiny wool shop in town - very limited selection, but still nice to find one!

Lots more creativity over here.

5 comments:

  1. Your bag looks really lovely, nice colour :) Very nice knitting too! /Limar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good break! I love the back of your top - it looks lovely and feathery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished bag, the orange looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the look of the toiletry bag so far. Great fabrics!! And that's some pretty fancy knittery there, Mrs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am suitably jealous of your fabric shopping back in the UK! I wonder if the fabric warehouse you mentioned is worth a visit, please reveal what you thought of it when you get the chance to stop by. I am looking forward to seeing the finished bag – love the orange colour.

    ReplyDelete