Thursday, 11 August 2011

My Creative Space


Some iPhone pouches I made earlier this week.

It's been quite a productive week - the pouches above plus a small curtain to disguise the area under the stairs in the basement where my vacuum cleaner and a host of other stuff resides.  There's also a very unphotogenic pile of lime green jersey fabric on my workbench ... it just looks quite unprepossessing right now, but it have been transformed into a cowl top by the end of the day!

And I managed to check out the local fabric warehouse (not so exciting unfortunately) and started attacking the hedges in the the garden (why do people plant really fast-growing shrubs as hedging material .... it's just not cricket!).

To see what everyone else is making this week, take a peek at Our Creative Spaces.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona..great fabric for your pouches, you've really got them down pat now, they look so professionally stitched and finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, very nice - a friend's husband suggested I got knitting on ipod socks reckoned I could make a mint! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the fast growing grass that is my problem. So much rain making it grow and too wet to cut. I was speaking to neighbour from Frankfurt the other day and she was telling me about a knitting group who meet up regularly in coffee shops aroung the town to knit and natter. I thought that would be right up your street.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona! Looks so beautiful! That kind of pouch would great for glasses.
    Have a lovely time!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these! they're too cute. isn't ikea fabric the best? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. Love that grey fabric, reminds me of one I think I saw in IKEA and wish I'd bought. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how nice! They are so handy and it is lovely to have something different than the ones you can get in the shops. Also they look a million times better than my poor attempt a while ago of wasting precious Moda fabrics. I am using mine but it looks weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you use any particular pattern for your iphone case? Or did you design it yourself? It's gorgeous! The fabrics are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. And since I just got an Iphone, I think I should make it a pouch!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete