Friday, 2 September 2011

My Creative Space ... My New Toy!


The nearly-finished bag and the production line of iPhone pouches will have to wait until I've sussed out my new toy.  Cute, isn't it?  Personally I could happily dispense with the pink flowers, but this anniversary edition overlocker came with a bonus pack of goodies (extra feet mainly) that made it the obvious choice.

Now, how does it work?  I'll know more when I've located an instruction manual I can read - thank goodness for internet downloads!  I could try the German, French or Dutch instructions that accompanied the machine, but I think somehow it'll go faster in English (and I do want to be able to thread it correctly - not guess!).

Click here to see some other fantastic creative spaces.

8 comments:

  1. Extra feet? I had no idea overlockers could have different feet!
    Sadly my overlocker skills are quite basic. I love flowers, but they are quite distracting aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. I have never used an overlocker in my life, and wouldn't know what to do in any language, but any new gadget gets a thumbs up from me.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona! You will so much fun with your new toy! It looks beautiful! I have one older professonal overlocker (it's huge with a table) and I don't use it lately at all because the threadning is so difficult. Perhaps I get some inspiration from you to try it again!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a cutie, Fiona! I've never had an overlocker but I know they are great for a lot of different projects where finishing the seams off is important. All the best with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! have fun playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am suitably jealous of your new over locker...looks so nice too...have fun using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. overlocker...is that the same as a serger...because it looks like a serger to me. I have one, have used it like, twice I think...it intimidates me. So when you find good instructions, share the site ok?

    Sussed? American translation please!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a little late, as I've just found your blog thru Noodlehead. I have a Janome My Lock serger. It has a little diagram under the slider door (don't know what else to call it) that shows how to thread it. I also have the book for mine and it's in english. So if you haven't figured it out yet or found the book, lemme know :)

    ReplyDelete