This is my new skirt made using Nicole Mallalieu's A-line skirt pattern.
This is my muslin and I think it worked quite well - it's wearable even if the cotton is almost transparent!! I had a scant 2 yards in quite a narrow fabric, so was only just able to squeeze out a knee-length skirt. The fabric was from my stash, bought in Cape Cod 2 years ago and I haven't the faintest idea what I was originally going to make with it.
I'll be making some winter weight (and length!) skirts soon now that I have tested out the pattern.
And some more lime .....
And this is another Nicole Mallalieu design from her book, "You Sew, Girl!". I bought this cheap jersey fabric on a recent trip to the UK and then proceeded to try and wreck my sewing machine with it. Not sure my poor old machine likes knits. You can't see in the photo but the stitch tension is completely out. This is the pattern-free cowl top but it really doesn't suit me with a cowl neck, so I've made it into more of a boat-neck.
BTW - it's really hard taking a photo of a top that you're actually wearing!!