Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Some clothes


This is my new skirt made using Nicole Mallalieu's A-line skirt pattern.


This is my muslin and I think it worked quite well - it's wearable even if the cotton is almost transparent!! I had a scant 2 yards in quite a narrow fabric, so was only just able to squeeze out a knee-length skirt.  The fabric was from my stash, bought in Cape Cod 2 years ago and I haven't the faintest idea what I was originally going to make with it.

I'll be making some winter weight (and length!) skirts soon now that I have tested out the pattern.

And some more lime .....


And this is another Nicole Mallalieu design from her book, "You Sew, Girl!".  I bought this cheap jersey fabric on a recent trip to the UK and then proceeded to try and wreck my sewing machine with it.  Not sure my poor old machine likes knits.  You can't see in the photo but the stitch tension is completely out.  This is the pattern-free cowl top but it really doesn't suit me with a cowl neck, so I've made it into more of a boat-neck.

BTW - it's really hard taking a photo of a top that you're actually wearing!!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona! Your new skirt is beautiful and I love that fabric! Also the lime blouse is really lovely with that unusual neck!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the skirt is lovely - can't believe it's a muslin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the clothes (and you!) in action!

    That knee-length skirt looks lovely on you - and yes - the boat-neck is a good non-cowl option! Love ya work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new clothes! Great job.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love the colours but can't help wincing slightly as I think how awful I would look in them! P.s. funky shoes! Now those I COULD wear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new wardrobe additions look very nice and very summary Fiona! This green is one of my favourite shades of green so it's a winner with me! And I guess you can wear the top ad skirt together, right? Oh shame that the summer is almost gone. I am still to give clothes a try…it is quite scary, but to face my fears I am planning to try some simple clothes for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric for your skirt - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete