Thursday, 10 November 2011

Messing About


A crochet motif that I haven't quite got right yet ....


Tunisian crochet  ... teaching myself from online tutorials using left-over yarn.  Love the thick fabric this makes!  Apologies for the blurry photo!


And another diamond made from hexagons for the quilting group.  We're making quite a lot of progress on the quilt now and I've just started my third diamond.

I seem to be doing everything but making Christmas presents!  I finished the one I'd been working on for the last 3 weeks last Sunday and haven't quite got round to starting the final one.  

But I will ... soon!!

Instead I've been messing about with odds and ends ... I even considered knitting myself a poppy as you can't get them here, but lack of the right colour yarns put a stop to that brainstorm!!  

To see what everyone else is making this week, visit Our Creative Spaces.



11 comments:

  1. Oh that motif is gorgeous! I love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I LOVE THAT MOTIF! I can just see a shawl made out of a bunch of them.

    Did you see that I got the star pattern on The Royal Sisters Blogspot.

    I'm going to do The Creative Spaces blog party!!! With Pete - my new owl I made!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yeah - what's a Poppy?

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona! That Tunisia crochet looks interesting! Could you tell how you make it.
    I thought that I started the Christmas sewings too early and now I think that the Christmas will pass and I'm still planning ...
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo - tunisian crochet ... looks very interesting. I like that motif very much too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh yes, Tunisian Crochet...I knew there was something I had forgotten to do this year (arggh).

    Your sample looks great!

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona!
    To me, your crochet looks fantastic! Tunisian crochet sounds intriguing!
    Have a great weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that motif is pretty. Is it your own design? The yarn looks lovely and shiny.

    Tunisian is awesome - I just downloaded an ebook of 101 Tunisian stitches, which I hope is going to help me expand my options. I never knew there were so many! It's really satisfying when you get going - I'm working on adapting a Stephen West knitting pattern at the moment, and am chuffed with how it's turning out.

    That yarn you're using looks really unusual. I like how the dark and light patches are playing off each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fiona, I've been trying a bit of Tunisian crochet too, and it does make lovely firm fabric doesn't it. I'm not sure that I've got it quite right yet but it's good to see yours.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just been messing about with different things lately too..lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's pretty fun messing about! Wonder how those Christmas projects are coming along. I have nearly finished the toiletry bag from nikkis book for my sister in law, love it!

    ReplyDelete