Sunday, 18 December 2011

2011 Review


I didn't make as much as in previous years. Mainly due to moving back to Europe and starting back at work... both of which were good things in themselves.  In fact, looking at the photo mosaic above, I'm surprised just how much I did get done!

Last year I made a couple of craft resolutions.  I was going to do some quilting and I'm well on the way to achieving that with the quilting group I've joined, but the idea of felting fell by the wayside.  A little bit of research made me realize that I needed to work with real wool and it's one of the things I've been very allergic to since birth, so that didn't seem like such a great idea!

Resolutions for 2012?  

Well, I want to do some more kumihimo (dependent on finding some better suppliers over here), learn some more tunisian crochet stitches (so far I've done a small swatch using the basic stitch only), maybe some more broomstick crochet and then the new things I want to try are sashiko and smocking.  And ... despite having vowed quite recently never to make another crochet blanket ... I have decided to join the Ravelry 2012 crochet along.  I figure I can make one or two squares a month without it seeming like a huge task and improve my crochet skills at the same time... so I've just ordered the yarn with some money I got for Christmas.

Hmmm ... wonder if I'll find time for all that!  What about you?  Any resolutions for 2012?

6 comments:

  1. I'd really like to try some sashiko one of these days too. I'm hoping that it might teach me some patience.
    You made so many pretty things this year. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of makes for 2011. Well done. I think stash-busting will continue to feature in my resolutions for 2012. In 2011, the resolution was to use my stash of cardmaking bits and bobs to make my own cards (and not buy any). That worked out well. This year it is the turn of my fabric stash and my bagmaking bits and bobs stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. you have achieved/made a lot of gorgeous things last year!!! I have a neglected half crochet blanket that is sitting in my cupboard in finished...eek... better get back to it this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful new year to you Fiona! Looking forward for all your beautiful projects of 2012!
    About 2012 resolutions, well, for me, it is loosing weight at least 5 kilos :) hahaha
    Big kisses,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made some beautiful items, Fiona. The red shawl looks so fine and detailed. It's lovely! You have also made so many varied and fabulous bags!!! The only crocheting I have done, was squares for a blanket many moons ago and I've forgotten how to do it. I had to Google 'kumihimo' and 'sashiko'. I look forward to seeing what you make with these techniques. I'd love it if you'd link up some (or all) of your bags on the linky I have set up just for bags... http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-bags-and-totes-link.html Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well first of all Happy New Year! I'm so glad I 'met' you this year. You're very inspiring and I enjoy your blog and friendship. You have really made a lot of nice things for having a job and moving. And such detailed work. I can't seem to get into the groove to make any New Year's Resolutions. I'm just not feeling it. I've been working on finishing one of the two crocheted blankets I've started. I guess it's a start!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete