Note to self: crocheting an alpaca/wool blanket in the summer is a bad idea ... it is very hot work!
The blanket above was for one of my sisters-in-law and it may be the one and only blanket I ever make ...! According to my project file on Ravelry this took just over a month to finish working on it for several hours each day. Generally I prefer much quicker projects than this!!
I really didn't plan well as the other 2 crochet projects also took a long time:
I made this shawl in a lace weight alpaca / silk mix for my mother-in-law. The pattern is Brise d'Été (summer breeze) by Éclat du Soleil. This was a big project and my first attempt at lace crochet. I really wasn't very happy with it until I blocked it and then suddenly the pattern came to life.
For my other sister-in-law I made this scarf in the softest alpaca / cashmere / silk yarn from The Natural Dye Studio ... the pattern is also from them and is called Gigi. This was the most complicated crochet pattern I've attempted so far (even though it says suitable for beginners!) not least because I had to translate it from UK into US crochet terms, but also because of the wide variety of stitches used.
Thinking about it, there was one other present I made - or rather compiled - but I don't have a photo of it. I put together a book of old family photos for my father-in-law which seemed to go down very well.
Next year I'm going to try to remember to plan my presents a little better - sewing is definitely much quicker!!