Thursday, 1 December 2011

My Creative Space: WIP


Cut out last week, part sewn yesterday, but when it'll be finished is anyone's guess!  It's the city shopper bag pattern from You Sew, Girl!  I made the smaller version, the wristlet earlier in the year and had been promising myself that I'd find time to make the larger size.

It's been a while since I've made a large bag and I had totally forgotten how long it takes to prep ... so the spare time I had last week disappeared just getting it cut out and all the interfacing fused.  This week hasn't been a great one for sewing - the light has been abysmal; foggy, dark, depressing days and even with my daylight lamp I just couldn't settle to sewing.  Besides, an impending visit from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law means I really should be doing other things.  

Visit Our Creative Spaces to see what everyone else is making.


8 comments:

  1. It's a bit grey and grim here too Fiona and I have been contemplating hibernation. Really don't want to miss Christmas though. I like your fabric there, it looks quite festive.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's my favorite fabric again! I've only got a yard or so left and I almost hate to cut into it - but it keeps tempting me... Is this pattern from Nikki's book? It's on my "must-have" list as soon as it's available in the US (shipping is $$$!) And I noticed your label in the pic - do you make your own? Have to get to that one day too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric .. I actually made a skirt out if it... love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing the finished bag. I've just made a frame purse from one of Nikki's patterns... so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo -love the fabric combo. I need to get my derriere in gear and make some big bags - it's been a while for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well did you get it finished? Are your in-laws there? Are you having fun? I wouldn't be!!! AAAGGHHH I can't believe I said that out loud. Here's the truth...I do not remember ever seeing my MIL smile. I don't. It's sad.

    Hope you are enjoying your week.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona..Merry Christmas! Thank you for all your encouragement and support this year...we'll catch up again in the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the bag ready...is it a gift? Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete