Monday, 2 January 2012

Tidying Up from 2011


I've got a few things still hanging around from last year to tell you about ...

After an almost exclusive diet of crochet from the summer up to the end of November, I decided to dust off the sewing machine in December.  This City Shopper from Nicole Mallalieu's book, "You Sew, Girl!" was finished before Christmas, but I've only just got round to photographing it.

This bag has a long shoulder strap so that you can wear it across the body and is very roomy.  The lining is the same raspberry colour as the button which I covered myself.  Inside there is a large zipped pocket and I added a magnetic snap to the facing.  Nice and easy!!


Also before Christmas, I was lucky enough to win a give away over at Tweed Delights.  I love getting post, especially when it contains home crafted goodies!!  The sheep button on the crochet purse is very, very cute!!  Apologies for the dark photo - it's getting very difficult to find good light at the moment.


Lastly, I ordered this yarn as a treat just before Christmas and it arrived last week.  It's a 100% silk, lace-weight yarn from The Natural Dye Studio called Precious and the colour is Firebolt.  I haven't decided exactly what I'll be making ... but whatever it is, it will be for me!  I may have mentioned it before, but orange is one of my favourite colours!!

5 comments:

  1. I like the rounded shape of this bag, Fiona. It makes it very classy. The long shoulder strap is great, because you can wear it across your body as you said, or I also like to wear them very long from my shoulder. I look forward to seeing what you make with the fine, silk yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, your city shopper got photographed before mine did! I love the red button

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Fiona, that city shopper bag is A-MAZ-ING. I love the fabric and it looks a great size for carrying around town. perfect!

    Hope you find a good pattern for that yarn - it looks like it deserves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a bag lady for sure. Me too, only I buy most of mine, rather than make them. I really like this purse. I like the shape and the long strap. I usually have to carry mine over the shoulder because I always seem to be carrying other things in my hands.

    post? - ooooh mail....another one for the English/American dictionary! I had to read it twice, then I remembered....When you receive something in the "post", we receive it in the "mail"!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete