Tuesday, 14 February 2012

2012 BAMCAL: February Blocks


Some more blocks for the CAL I'm participating in over at Ravelry.  I'm not sold on the 4 small flower blocks ... I should maybe have done one flower and just made the border bigger, but I think in the finished afghan they will look fine.


And these are all the blocks together ... I'm starting to believe it could look quite good when finished.  All blocks still need to be blocked and some of them might get an extra round or two added to them before the end of the year.  I think I'll be joining the blocks in the dark brown, but I'm really not sure how I'll be joining them yet.  I may add a dark brown border to each and then just single crochet them together, but if anyone has any better suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

In the meantime I'm hooking away on my sweater ... you never know, it could be finished soon.  That's if I don't decide to unravel it again!!  I don't think that's going to happen, but as it's already had parts of it unravelled twice because I found errors .....!!

7 comments:

  1. The brown block, top left, is intricate!!! Looks great...looks complicated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be the most beautiful afghan of the year. WOW! I disagree about the four flowers, I think they look great. I have no idea what to tell you about the borders and all that. I am not such a professional crocheter. I can't wait to see the sweater.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona..just popping in to say a quick 'hi'..won't be online again properly for another couple of weeks with a new computer hopefully. I love the vibrancy of the oranges you've used for your new afghan. It should be a stunner. I am sorry to learn of Pip's stroke, she looked like such a beautiful and loyal dog. You must still miss her a lot. Your bag is great too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Fiona, It's a beautiful color and motif. I have an award for you on my blog (if you want to participate).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours - I'm particularly enamoured of the top right design in the pic of eight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This afghan is going to look BETTER than good - it is going to be superb! I'm loving watching it evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your color combination....it's beautiful. I'm going to try making the 12" Morning Glory square block by Teresa Kohlhoff. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete