Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Quilting Progress



I haven't felt much like doing any crafting the last couple of weeks.  If you've read my last post, you'll know why.  For the most part I've been cleaning like a lunatic - dog hairs get everywhere!  And just when you think everything is clean, you find more dog hair.

The odd thing has been done on the craft front.  I realised that I'd made a mistake about 20 rows back on the sweater I'm crocheting.  I'd tried it on a number of times and not noticed, but having finally found the error it leapt out at me every time I looked at it.  There was nothing for it but to unravel it and since then it's sat untouched. 

This morning I went to my quilting group.  The photo above (taken on my iPhone in very harsh light) shows the progress we're making on our hand-pieced scrap quilt.  It is coming together slowly and we laid out the diamonds this morning to see what it will look like.  There are just five of us working on it and we have no particular deadline.  Once it's finished it will be raffled for charity and we'll start on something else.

Linking up with Our Creative Spaces.

9 comments:

  1. Weird. I was seriously just thinking about you, wondering how you were doing and your blog pops to the top of my list. I know how hard it is to lose a loved dog. We lost our airedale a couple of years ago and I don't think we'll ever get over it. She was special. In a good way, unlike Winston and Dixie, who are just special ;-)
    That quilt is gonna be GORGEOUS. Honeycomb? That's what it looks like to me. So if you wanna send it my way when you're done, I won't mind!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo - that is going to turn out to be a beautiful quilt. Lovely rainbow of colours. I can't wait to see it finished. You'll have to take a photo of the finished quilt and the 5 ladies (including yourself ...um, get someeone else to take the photo!)who worked on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good - don't think I have the appropriate level of sewing patience to hand piece. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona! It must be difficult when you miss your dear friend and still find hairs around. You have made fantastic work with that quilt!
    x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....this is stunning...so much work...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your quilt...so much work and it is so pretty! I am really sorry to hear about your dog...I hope quilting and crocheting can take your mind away for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh, sorry to hear about the sweater. That's so frustrating! I think there's nothing for it when that happens but to let the piece hibernate for a while so that you can come back to it later with fresh eyes.

    That quilt looks amazing. There's only 5 of you? Wow! The colours are awesome :)

    Hope you're doing okay <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no... nothing worse than un ravelling hard work that you have done... it's heart breaking! Hope you get you creative mojo back soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fiona,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog:)
    I read your story about Pip and I know how you feel. It takes a while, but you'll feel better and you keep thinking about her and love her but in a more pleasant way. I can no longer adopt a dog because I'm allergic too, I find it very unfortunate. I wish you much strength and I hope you can be creative again soon because that also helps you focus. Your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete