Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Sweater .... tick



I finally finished my sweater!  I wish I could show you a photo of it on, but Andy hasn't been around to take a photo in decent light.  Instead here it is being blocked along with all my blocks for the CAL (which look so much better blocked).  You'd never guess I like orange, would you?!!

The sweater is a Doris Chan pattern called Jewel from her book 'Everyday Crochet'.  It took a little while to get my head around the construction - this is a no sew sweater which in my book makes it just about perfect!  You start from the neckline and work down the body seamlessly.  The beauty of it is that you can try it on as you go.  Fantastic idea!

Linking up with We Did It Wednesday and Our Creative Spaces.

14 comments:

  1. Your sweater looks great, congratulations on finishing it! I have never got the hang of blocking, it is on my list of things to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that sweater! Just gorgeous. Orange seems perfect for it too - can't imagine it in any other colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And I just noticed what's underneath - is that those interlocking anti-fatique floor mat tiles? I have some and I never thought of using them for blocking projects. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is gorgeous!! I must look in our local library to see if they have the book. I love your blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooove the pumpkin orange! I hope we get to see a photo of you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!!! Love the little scalloped edge at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that looks fab! It's a really lovely pattern, and in a great colour too. Can't wait to see what it looks like on :)

    Also, I hadn't realised how big your blanket blocks are. You're having a great crochet year :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater looks wonderful and I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of you wearing it! I've got that book and haven't made that one yet...you're making my Ravelry queue get even longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sweater - I so need to get something to block on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful sweater !!! Love the colors and many cute squares... very nice !!! (^o^)/"""

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweater is gorgeous, I may have to hunt down the book...

    And I love all the oranges in this photo, so cheery and bright. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely and the squares look gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw it on the news....orange is the IN color this year. Such important news! As always your sweater is gorgeous!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete