Friday, 2 March 2012

Not feeling like it



Give me a week with oodles of time to craft and what happens?  Yep, got a stinker of a cold and completely lost the ability to co-ordinate my head and hands.

So there isn't much to show you.  Last weekend I whipped up a zipped pocket purse using a Keyka Lou pattern using some offcuts of some lovely Japanese cottons (see photo above - this one was to test the pattern out) but when I tried to make a second one on Wednesday for a gift (under the influence of the cold), it all went horribly wrong and ended up in the bin.  Sigh.

I'll try again next week.  I should have regained control by then!

In the meantime I did manage to finish the handles on this crochet bag.  I bought the extra yarn needed a month back when I last posted about it and never got round to it.  Even with a cold I can just about manage single crochet!


Might have to leave the March blocks for the blanket CAL until I'm feeling more like it though - they tend to be rather challenging even when I'm on form!

Linking up belatedly with Our Creative Spaces.

7 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I've made mistakes just cutting out a t-shirt today, due to a cold. Hope you are back to normal soon. Love the crocheted bag!!! The little purse looks great too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband never goes anywhere, but about three years ago he decided to go on a fishing trip to Canada with some guys from work. I had a list of things I was going to do. I MIGHT have done one of them as I wasn't feeling well the entire week. Dangit! I hate it when that happens. At least what you did get done looks great!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the crochet bag - that wavy stripe is really effective.

    Rest up and get rid of that cold now, and you might be able to squeeze in a bit more crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're under the weather - hope you get well soon! And you're a bad influence on me - I just ordered this pattern from KeykaLou - after we both agreed that we had entirely too many patterns already! But you made it look so tempting that I couldn't resist. You DID order the Hobo Bag, didn't you??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have learned by now that if I'm tired but force myself to do something that needs concentration then I can guarantee it's not going to go well. Love the bags. Hope you feel well enough this week to get stuck into more stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sample, Fiona. I love that fabric. The crocheted bag is lovely - I love the wavey stripes. Shame you're feeling under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Fiona are you feeling ok? Just wondering...
    BTW - my Sister and our parents are going to Italy together. I told her to peruse your blog and she did.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete