Saturday, 31 March 2012

Quilt Top


Goodness me!  She's actually done some crafting!!  

It's taken nearly two months to hand stitch all those diamonds together, but at last this part of the quilt is finished and the papers have been removed except for those round the edges.  This is the work of 5 people and progress slowed down considerably as the top came together with only one person working on it at once.

We were deliberating at our last meeting how to proceed and we've agreed to appliqué the quilt onto some plain material to make it into a rectangle.  Then it will be hand quilted - probably around the outlines of the diamonds and then also the small diamonds inside each larger diamond.  This should ensure the seams are stable.  Still rather a lot of work to do!!

Sorry - back to travel blogging for the next post!  But I will have the sewing machine out this week for a commission and then I might get round to finishing some of the WIPs on my work table!

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I can imagine the amount of work that's gone into it, I wouldn't have the patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow. I love how this is coming together and the colours are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Any time you feel like making one for me, feel free... (I can feel the steely chill of your reply to that one all the way from here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny...I looked at the pic and thought...those aren't diamonds they're hexagons! Tells how a beekeeper mind works! Lovely quilt. I'm working on crochet WIPs. They just keep multiplying.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - almost makes me want to hand sew some quilting - almost! :D

    ReplyDelete