Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Quilting ...?!


Last month when I hosted the quilting group we talked about doing something slightly different for the next session.  So this afternoon I talked a lot, generally bossed everyone around (Andy claims I'm quite good at that!) and these four lovely zipped bags were the result!


Not my sharpest photos maybe, but we were in the basement!! 

There is another bag half-made (we were sharing 2 sewing machines, so it was a little tricky) which I hope I'll see when it is finished, plus the one I'm making and taking photos of for the step-by-step instructions which were sadly not ready for the session (complete fail on my part!) and I need to do soon next!  

I was great to see everyone turning out their bags and saying "Hey, look what I made!"  

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fiona! And how exiting you hosted a quilting group, that must have been fun! I love especially that turquoise-green pouch! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. I've got such a collection of zips, I really must start making myself some little bags like this (yes, I know, I know, along with everything else!). It's so satisfying to have projects that you can get done quickly and look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I bet everyone had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fun. They look great all sitting there together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the turquoise bag too - but they're all very nice. Sounds like your quilters had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bags look great, Fiona! Love the shape. Sounds like a fun group...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! I bet you're a fabulous teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and productive that sounds like a winning combination for an afternoon to me! I am sure you weren't bossy, just encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those bags! Great job. And hey, bossy people get things done!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Love the fabrics you all used!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bags are great - I particularly like the black and white material but then again I like the big flowers, and the little flowers are nice and so's the green! :D

    ReplyDelete