Thursday, 10 May 2012

Crochet and Skirts



I have completed my May squares for the CAL I'm participating in over at Ravelry.  The top block is my favourite so far - it's Julie Yeager's Stained Glass afghan square.  Love the pattern and texture.  

The other one is Chris Simon's Windowpane square - not quite as exiting somehow, not least because there was rather a lot of unravelling going on before I figured out that I'd mis-read the pattern on round 2!!  

Both squares still need to be blocked and then joined to the rest of the blanket but that will have to wait till next month!

We're off to the UK to visit family for the next little while which is why, although I fully intend to participate in CurlyPop's skirt sew-along, I'll not be able to until early June.  I bought the fabric on my last UK trip nearly a year ago and I've been trying to pluck up courage to cut into it to make the pattern-less wraparound skirt in Nikki's book, "You Sew, Girl!", so this should give me the required kick up the backside!!


Otherwise I've still got a cardigan on my knitting needles and I've got some other sewing plans in the pipeline.  One of my students wants to learn how to use her sewing machine and I want to run up some of the patterns I have but haven't made yet ...  must rectify that!!

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Stained Glass square, alas can only dream of crocheting like that!

    Enjoy your trip back, hope you manage to fit in some retail therapy amongst the family visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stained glass square! The colours you've used go really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the top one the best too - it's beautiful! And I'm very impressed with the new gadget you added to your sidebar of your pattern reviews. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the top square.The colours are so fabulous! Hope you have a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete