This pleated wristlet is very cute! Made from a Michelle pattern, it has a concealed zip closure. I'll make a few more of these but I will be changing how the box corners are made as this is the only bit I didn't like about the design. Pattern reviewed here.
I am ridiculously pleased with this one. I used a Drops pattern to which I made the following changes:
- replaced the garter stitch on the bag base and top band with stocking stitch
- doubled the top band so that I could turn it over to give more strength
- crocheted the straps (single crochet) instead of knitting them in garter stitch
- attached straps with D-rings
- constructed a hard base and lining with pockets and a magnetic snap to close the bag.
Took me a long time to finish it, not least because knitting cables on 5mm needles with wool that is supposed to be knitted with 9mm needles is hard work!!
It was quite hard to give both of these away, but I did it!!