Friday, 18 May 2012

Presents!


This pleated wristlet is very cute!  Made from a Michelle pattern, it has a concealed zip closure.  I'll make a few more of these but I will be changing how the box corners are made as this is the only bit I didn't like about the design.  Pattern reviewed here.




I am ridiculously pleased with this one.  I used a Drops pattern to which I made the following changes: 

- replaced the garter stitch on the bag base and top band with stocking stitch
- doubled the top band so that I could turn it over to give more strength
- crocheted the straps (single crochet) instead of knitting them in garter stitch
- attached straps with D-rings
- constructed a hard base and lining with pockets and a magnetic snap to close the bag.

Took me a long time to finish it, not least because knitting cables on 5mm needles with wool that is supposed to be knitted with 9mm needles is hard work!!

It was quite hard to give both of these away, but I did it!!

14 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy with my gorgeous blue bag. Thank you so very much. The cables are amazing and it has been much admired this morning by my work colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the knitted bag, Fiona... the cables, the colour, the d-rings, the shape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so lovely, especially the knitted bag. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have been incredibly hard to give them away! They're both gorgeous, and I'm in awe of your knitting. So neat! And really, really stunning. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both gorgeous, Fiona! I'd never be able to knit/crochet a bag like that! You're so talented, and I'm sure the recipients are very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona...I adore both of these bags, the colour and the shapes are beautiful. They will be gorgeous presents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are delicious! I would rock both of them and look great doing so :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you did an amazing job with that bag!! That's a lot of work... well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my lordy - look at that knitted bag! If I were you, I wouldn't be able to STOP looking at it. You clever thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creations! What an inspiring blog! Thanks!
    Ning x : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Fiona, I've featured your knitted bag today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-features_26.html

    ReplyDelete