Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Another Photo Book


Look what the postman brought me today!  I decided to document some of our favourite snaps of the dogs in a photo book.  Once I had chosen some photos it took less than half an hour to compile the book on my Mac using iPhoto and just a few days for it to be printed and delivered to me.


It's no secret that I love photo books.  I've made several of them as holiday albums and have done a couple of family albums for presents too.  It's nice to be able to look at your photos and not just have them buried in a folder on the computer or flick past as part of a screen saver display!


This book is just for us and is light on words.  The photos weren't chosen because they were great photos, just to remind us of the brats.  However the photos do improve over the lifetime of the dogs - possibly because they sat still for longer as they aged!!


We've decided we won't be getting any more dogs due to a combination of my allergies and the fact that we don't seem to stay in one place for more than a few years (dogs like moving even less than their slaves do!).


Photos of the book taken on my phone ... I'm getting lazy!!

7 comments:

  1. What a nice reminder. I love photobooks too, but found out yesterday that the Kodak Gallery that I have used in the past is being closed down due to the parent company going into administration! Will have to look into your method next time I want to make one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona! Your book looks so adorable - how wonderful to have the memories like that! I love to take photos and have so much from dogs and I miss photo albums. Now with digital camera I don't even print any, because I take so many. I should pick some and make a book. Thank you for sharing your great idea! x Teje
    PS. I'm sorry you can't take an other dog, but do understand you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What a great way to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona...I bet that book is a tear jerker from time to time. I love border collies and looking at yours reminds me of our Maggie. She died a couple of years ago and I miss her a lot, still. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! I've heard of these books, but have never actually seen one! What terrific gifts they would make! Your dogs are adorable, by the way!
    Have a great week!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cute. I somehow missed this post. Very good idea about the photo books. I want to do this for our trip to Italy but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have a feeling it'll be put off until winter.

    Hey maybe someday we can skype at the yarn store and you CAN join us in crochet class. I'll have to talk to the owner about that.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. just linked this article on my Facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.
    Flip Books Software

    ReplyDelete