Thursday, 13 September 2012

Another Block


This is one of the July blocks for my afghan crochet along.  Still another one to do for July, but as they're taking me a long time and I'm knitting my niece's cardi too it might take a while for the other one to materialise, let alone those for August and September!

The block is the Eyelet Lace Square by Chris Simon (Ravelry link).  I loved making this one.

I've got a small sewing project underway too, but that doesn't seem to be falling into the 'fun' category at the moment, so it's taking far longer than it should.  I did the piping and now have a couple of zips to do before the whole thing comes together ... maybe next week.

Otherwise I've been doing lots of walking (this week I've already clocked up 28 km) and pilates and it is slowly paying off.  I've lost a few kilos and far more importantly 5 cm from my hips (plenty more there to work on!!).  

4 comments:

  1. 28km... impressive!!! How do you find pilates? I've been doing it for almost 10 years now and I love it!!! Glad you are able to crochet and knit now, even if slowly. I do like the stitches on this block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm impressed all the way around. Crafting and exercising and I assume still going to therapy for that arm? Sounds like you are on the mend. Yeeeaaaa!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona..you're doing so well with the walking! Your new square is great..I love those colours, the whole rug will be superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great walking! But I wanted to say, I love your CAL squares. This one in particular is gorgeous! The colours are just lovely too!

    ReplyDelete