Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Postcard from Assisi


Basilica di San Francesco

After Florence we hired a car and drove round Tuscany ... but we also made a few stops in neighbouring Umbria (and it's just possible that we preferred Umbria to Tuscany, but don't tell anyone!).  

Assisi is a lovely town:  


Lots of old buildings.


Town centre



Beautiful ceiling in the church of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva


Narrow streets 


Very old murals

We could have spent a lot longer exploring Assisi, but we had to get to our next stop, Perugia.

5 comments:

  1. Looks a bit like time travel! I can see you're having a marvellous time of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorei conhecer este lugar através de suas fotos.
    Lindas, lindas fotos.
    Parabéns.
    Beijo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something so effortlessly stylish about Italian towns! Can just picture myself there with a coffee in the Town Square, great photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving your postcards!!! I will go back and check them out in detail as I've always wanted to visit Italy!!! Thank you so much for your kind words about expat life. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting caught up on blogs. I have a friend that said she could spend her entire time in Assisi. It's her favorite. I can see why now. I must go there. It looks gorgeous.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete