Thursday, 1 November 2012

August's Squares!


This block is the Crocodile Flower by Joyce Lewis  I had to stop before I added the border as it was getting too big for my afghan, so I may just add the border and use it for something else ...
... a cushion, maybe?  This is another favourite design!



And this one is Shape Shifting in 12 by Aurora Suominen.  A little bit wonky but given that I had a hard time with the instructions I'm just pleased to have finished it!  I should be able to block the wonkiness out!

So, I've finished the blocks for August and, as we're now in November, that means I'm still 3 months behind.  On a positive note though, the cardigan from last week's post got sewn up and parcelled off to Australia successfully and I've now started another blanket.

Yes, I remember saying never again, but ....!

It's another Christmas present and there is a slim chance that it will be finished in time to post.  Fingers crossed!  I guess that means I'll probably never get up-to-date on my afghan, but I can always finish it next year!

Other Creative Spaces here.


11 comments:

  1. These are lovely Fiona - very autumnal colours! Ah, yes Christmas gift-making . . . must get going with that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I think the crocodile flower is my favourite so far! Oh Em Gosh....I think I spelled favourite like you would and not how I would...which is favorite. And it just spewed out of my fingers while typing.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. and PS- Therapy must be working huh? You seem to be crafting more again. YEEAAA!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Crocodile Flower square looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely autumny colours. The crocodile flower looks so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both squares are beautiful, I love the colours you have chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see the crocodile flower design as a cushion..stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crocodile flower is gorgeous, I can only aspire to such a great block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took 14 years to complete an afghan, so you won't here any comments about length of time to finish one from me! LOL I love the Croc Flower...super pretty, it'll make a great cushion. The colors are so great and the yarn really makes the stitches pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the one at the top!

    feel free to join my crochet pattern giveaway
    here

    ReplyDelete