Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Velvet & Lace


Another lovely block for my crocheted afghan.  This is Velvet and Lace by Priscilla Hewitt.

I made this on Saturday and it's taken until now for my arm to stop hurting - the rest of the blocks for my afghan (four or five more, I think) won't be completed by the end of this year as originally planned, but I can live with that.  The afghan is for me, so it doesn't matter.  I won't be starting any more crochet or knitting projects for a while - it just doesn't make sense with all the problems I'm having.

I seem to be able to sew without too many problems, so I'll be concentrating on the quilt over the next few months instead.  

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, very detailed and I love the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona..I am sorry that you won't be sharing any more of these lovely squares. This one would have to be my new all time favourite..just the right proportion of laciness and intricacy of pattern for my taste and the colours are stunning.

    A very merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope the New Year will find you with a new season of health, joy and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely Fiona, what a shame that something so pretty can cause you so much pain. Good to hear though that you have sewing to fill the gap!

    Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely - the colours are so pretty! I hope your arm gets better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Fiona. So sorry about your arm though. I was hoping it would get better. At least you can sew though, and you do a wonderful job at it. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete