I finally finished my sweater! I wish I could show you a photo of it on, but Andy hasn't been around to take a photo in decent light. Instead here it is being blocked along with all my blocks for the CAL (which look so much better blocked). You'd never guess I like orange, would you?!!
The sweater is a Doris Chan pattern called Jewel from her book 'Everyday Crochet'. It took a little while to get my head around the construction - this is a no sew sweater which in my book makes it just about perfect! You start from the neckline and work down the body seamlessly. The beauty of it is that you can try it on as you go. Fantastic idea!
Some more blocks for the CAL I'm participating in over at Ravelry. I'm not sold on the 4 small flower blocks ... I should maybe have done one flower and just made the border bigger, but I think in the finished afghan they will look fine.
And these are all the blocks together ... I'm starting to believe it could look quite good when finished. All blocks still need to be blocked and some of them might get an extra round or two added to them before the end of the year. I think I'll be joining the blocks in the dark brown, but I'm really not sure how I'll be joining them yet. I may add a dark brown border to each and then just single crochet them together, but if anyone has any better suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
In the meantime I'm hooking away on my sweater ... you never know, it could be finished soon. That's if I don't decide to unravel it again!! I don't think that's going to happen, but as it's already had parts of it unravelled twice because I found errors .....!!
I haven't felt much like doing any crafting the last couple of weeks. If you've read my last post, you'll know why. For the most part I've been cleaning like a lunatic - dog hairs get everywhere! And just when you think everything is clean, you find more dog hair.
The odd thing has been done on the craft front. I realised that I'd made a mistake about 20 rows back on the sweater I'm crocheting. I'd tried it on a number of times and not noticed, but having finally found the error it leapt out at me every time I looked at it. There was nothing for it but to unravel it and since then it's sat untouched.
This morning I went to my quilting group. The photo above (taken on my iPhone in very harsh light) shows the progress we're making on our hand-pieced scrap quilt. It is coming together slowly and we laid out the diamonds this morning to see what it will look like. There are just five of us working on it and we have no particular deadline. Once it's finished it will be raffled for charity and we'll start on something else.