Sunday, 10 March 2013

UK Trip


Just back from a flying visit to see family in the UK before we head off to the States at Easter.  The week started out spring-like but by the end it was misty, damp and not terribly warm.  The photo above says it all!

While we were at my Dad's I took the opportunity to get some photos of some of the embroidery that my Mum did way back.  She sewed, did embroidery and tatted ... sometimes the embroidery took a while (even decades) to complete!

I thought I'd share some of the chair seat covers that she made:





3 comments:

  1. London looks very grey..but those seat covers would brighten up anyone's day! They're beautiful, I can see where you get your talent from. I thought you were going to be off to Switzerland not the USA to live..plans changed? Wishing you all the best there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like mother, like daughter I see. Beautiful work, a true heirloom. Have fun in the States...where are you headed? Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rennie Mackintosh inspired seat covers, they are gorgeous! Your mum was incredibly talented (just like you).

    xh

    ReplyDelete