Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Countdown to Moving



There really hasn't been much productive going on here lately ... and there won't be for the foreseeable future as I'm disappearing back to Germany soon to arrange our 'more permanent' move over here.  More permanent because we'll be here in sunny St. Louis for longer than the original 6 months ... but our moves are never anywhere near permanent.  I think we managed 3 years in one place once!  We have a dream of staying somewhere for a really long time (you know, five years or so!), but Andy's work never allows it and you've got to go where the work is!

I did get round to some crochet last week in front of the TV. This little bag is a pattern called The Crocodile Stitch Bag by Zoom Yummy   I used up some spare yarn I happened to have with me.  The pattern gives very detailed instructions and was very easy to make.  Next time I'm around a sewing machine I'll add a lining with the odd pocket and maybe a magnetic snap closure... I'm not a fan of knitted / crochet bags without linings as I think they tend to sag out of shape very quickly.

Right - back to my spreadsheet (yawn!).  Have you ever tried to list everything you own when you're not at home to see what you've missed?


7 comments:

  1. LOVE your bag! Good luck with the move...sounds like you should be an expert at it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bag - love that stitch! Don't envy you the moving business though... Sounds like a lot of work - sewing is much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful bag, Fiona, both the colour and the stitching. Good luck with all the arrangements. All the moving means you get to see and really experience different parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just been catching up a bit on what you have been up too. great bag. In September I will have lived in the same house for 10 years...so very different to you and all that travelling and moving, you must be very flexible and brave. That spreadsheet? I'd be a disaster at that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bag! We always want what we don't have in some respects. Some of us would like nothing better than to see the world like you do and other's of us are homebodies and love to settle..hehe! I have lived in three places for extended lengths of time, in two countries, but would love to experience more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would get bored if you were in one place for too long Fiona! Can't say I fancy trying to list my possessions without being there to see them though, I had enough trouble trying to remember what was in a suitcase when the airline lost it :)

    Hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I just can't imagine all of the moving and packing.
    The bag is adorable, and I agree. I don't like knitted or crocheted bags without linings. They do sag. I have never had to do a spreadsheet of everything I own, but I couldn't do it. Since our move, and having boxes of stuff everywhere until we actually are living somewhere besides in one room....I will open a box and think...I forgot about this...or I didn't know I had this...or where did that come from. Or sometimes it's, "Shug, do you remember where "X" is?" His reply, "I threw it away we haven't used it in 15 years!" yUP...MOVING one time is enough for me!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete