Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Catching Up!


I'm back from Europe, still slightly jet-lagged, but there is a little bit of crafty activity going on as I get my head round being back in the US after a month away.  Last night I picked up my tunisian hook that I had meant to take with me to Germany and started re-learning tunisian crochet stitches.  I signed up for a class on Craftsy before I left, thinking that I could do the course in the evenings after sorting out cupboards and generally doing moving type activity.  Of course, forgetting to take the hook put paid to that!

So the last month has been a bit hectic and slightly stressful.  I had a short time to decide what furniture and belongings to ship to our US apartment and what to leave in storage in Europe.  I have occasional nightmares that the stuff I labelled for storage will turn up at the end of October in the US and we won't have any of the things we need (like my sewing machine!), but in general I think packing went relatively smoothly.  



We'll gloss over the incident of the steel bar and the two gashes on my head that required super-gluing together, OK?  That lost me 4-5 days of prep time and hurt quite a bit, but I did eventually get everything done before the packers arrived including blocking the lace shawl that I crocheted earlier this summer but couldn't block here due to lack of space in our tiny apartment!


It's hard to photograph but you get the idea!  Blocking really does make such a difference - see how it looked before by clicking here.



The pattern is Summer Breeze by Eclat du Soleil (Ravelry link) and the yarn was The Natural Dye Studio's Precious Lace which is 100% silk and a dream to work with.

So, now I'm just waiting for my sewing machine and my yarn and fabric stashes to arrive.  We get to do moving all over again at the end of October when we move into a larger apartment, but in the meantime I've some crochet to keep me occupied!

4 comments:

  1. I'm confused...are you moving to the US or Europe? So sorry about the moving injury...gashes in the head?! Hope you and your head are mending well. Your shawl is beautiful! Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I hope you get settled soon!
    Your shawl is still gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the shawl, Fiona!!! All the best with settling in.. hope there are no more injuries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...you poor thing. A gash in the head and some super glue! Yikes!
    The shawl is gorgeous. I don't know how you do all the moving. I know I've been told I have too much stuff...but still..what a job. I hope you love your time in the United States.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete