Sunday, 3 November 2013

Just Stopping By to Say Hello!


It's been a bit quiet on this blog for a while, but I am still here!  Our container of furniture has just made it to St. Louis from Germany and so we'll be moving again shortly - can't wait to have a bit more space and to be reunited with our own things.  I've been thinking about all the things I can make once I have my sewing machine set up, but I guess I've got to get the apartment straight first as we have visitors coming for Christmas!

In the meantime I've been making the most of some glorious autumn days. Yesterday I went and climbed the bluff above the Meramec river (above).  Beautiful views!  I've been enjoying living in the city for the last few months, but it is nice once in a while to get out into the countryside!



And there is no shortage of autumnal tones in the city - the Gateway Arch park is turning a lovely shade of russet (above: from the top balcony of our building). 

Now I really should think about packing up some of the stuff that we've accumulated in the last 6 months ....  I'll be back after the move!

4 comments:

  1. The top photo is stunning, Fiona. Good luck moving again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your container has passed its inspections and you will soon be reunited with your sewing machine. Fabulous photos, inspiration for some stitching??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting during my rough week last week. I've learned so much about disasters, and like I said, I was lucky.
    So glad all of your stuff made it to you! How is the move coming along? Are you getting settled in? I think it might be time for another post!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo Fiona, all those trees are stunning. Are you staying in the St Louis area or moving onto somewhere else from there? Yes I am nosy.

    xxHeidi

    ReplyDelete