Friday, 6 December 2013

I'm Back!



We moved in about 3 weeks ago and slowly our apartment is getting sorted out.  The realities of moving to a small apartment mean that my sewing table is now in the guest bedroom, but at least I still have a dedicated table.  

The sewing machine is already in use - I made a blanket for my mate, Mack, who comes to visit and isn't allowed to sit on my leather sofa.  He doesn't quite understand that yet, but I'll forgive him as he's a real cutie and I think he'll know the blanket is for him, don't you?!


Mack - adorable, isn't he?! (And yes, he knows it!)

The next project will be for me and I bought some lovely cheerful fabric to take my mind off winter (it's snowing outside right now - not my favourite weather):


The one on the left is an Alexander Henry design (Oska) and the one on the right is Michael Miller's Stitch Circles.  They are destined to be a simple lap blanket for me.

We get some great sunsets here - this is a photo from the old apartment just before I moved - it's also the best I've seen Andy's office building looking!!




6 comments:

  1. Having a dedicated space definitely makes a difference - I have to share with the computer!

    Mack is ridiculously cute, and I'm sure he'll love his blanket :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you and your sewing machine have been reunited!
    Mack and the blanket will be an absolutely adorable combination :) Hope your weather doesn't get too bad, they are predicting all sorts of dire weather here for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Welcome back! I've been wondering what you've been up to...and missing your beautiful photographs (and knitting/sewing projects too). Mack is a cutie pie! I know it's difficult to "downsize" living spaces...its been over a year and a half since our move and, on occasion, you can still hear me grumble about lack of space. Enjoy your new digs and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're back! I'm glad you are settling in AND have a bigger apartment! Oh my, 600 sq. ft. So you know how it is...cozy huh? That's what we keep calling our place. Cozy and warm. And we are so glad it is warm inside because these temps outside are ridiculously freezing! Aww Fiona how could you not let that cute face sit on your leather sofa. Maybe he could sit on a cute blanket on the sofa! So glad you have your sewing machine back. I bet you feel whole again. Glad you are settling in. And I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just making sure you made it through the holidays and the storm(s)! Good grief the weather this year huh? Hope you are feeling better and your cold is gone.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...where are ya? How are ya? Did you leave us for a better climate? It hasn't been this bad since I can remember. Seriously....

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete