Tuesday, 15 April 2014

I really am back this time!!!


This time there really is some crafting going on round here!!  I've mostly sewn the lap blanket I bought fabric for before christmas (just need to quilt it) and I'm cutting out purses.  I don't think I've made a frame purse since I left Canada in 2011 ... let's see if I can remember how!!

So, what has been happening round here?  Umm ... not much!

Any excuses?  Yes, loads!!

I set my sewing machine up in our spare bedroom early in December, sewed something quick and easy and then had to tidy everything away for visitors.  I really do miss having that dedicated craft space!  After Christmas and visitors it got really cold (did you hear about the polar vortex?!) and there was no way I was going to sit next to a very draughty window to sew.  I also didn't knit or crochet over the winter due to ongoing problems with my neck and arm.

So the weeks went by and nothing much happened round here apart from lots of shivering!  I decided to get to grips with the US health system at last and registered with a dentist, primary care physician (that's a GP in English!), ob/gyn and optician.  They all wanted to do lots and lots of tests and, in the dentists's case, lots and lots of drilling.  Round three with the dentist is next week! Gulp! It's been quit an expensive few months, but I do have two new pairs of varifocals and I can actually see to thread the needle on my sewing machine again.  It makes a difference, you know!

Then we've been doing our taxes in various countries.  The less said about that, the better.

We went on holiday last month too and now that I have new specs I'll probably get round to editing my photos from New Orleans!  Having upgraded my photo editing software I've just realised that I need to create a new watermark brush tool before I post any of those photos online and I remember what a pain that was to do last time round, so it may take a while.  

And, of course, the baseball season started!!  Go Cards!!

When I finally thought about doing some sewing again the other week and sorted through my fabric, I realised my cutting mat is being used to protect the coffee table from all the electronics that currently reside on it whilst we wait for our new media centre to arrive (hopefully by June) ... so I've been out to JoAnn's this week and treated myself to a new one along with a few other essentials that I haven't found since we unpacked.  I've got to go back tomorrow as there were a few things I forgot, but I'm definitely in the mood to sew.

Watch this space!!


6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back, Fiona! Good luck making your sewing space just how you want it and conducive to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Glad you are back. I can't wait to see your New Orleans pics. I've never been there! Um, yes I heard about the polar vortex! In all of my life, I do not remember a winter worse than this one. Not even in 1978 (I think that was the year) when we had a huge blizzard. Sorry to hear about your health care problems. Our country has had some huge changes this year, and it's annoyed many people whether you are a citizen or not. Hey at least summer is coming...hopefully....and we'll be warm again!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! You've been missed! What part of the country are you in now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just saw this post...you're baaaaack! Great news. I'm looking forward to all your sewing/knitting/travel adventures. And around here it's "Go O's!" (not that I care much, I'm still a Padre fan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back... she says, having barely been in the blogosphere, herself, of late - and it's good to see you're working with excellent patterns! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have you back, we have missed you!

    ReplyDelete