Thursday, 8 May 2014

A Mandala for Yarndale


Last night I decided to pick up my crochet hook after a break of almost a year ... the baseball game was on telly; Andy was out and I needed something productive to do!

Having read this post on Attic 24 I decided to make a mandala using this pattern and some left over yarn.  This cotton was purchased in Germany - can't remember what for now, but whatever it was never materialised.  I've misplaced the label, so have no idea what it is!  I used a 4mm hook and ended up with a mandala exactly 7 inches in diameter.  Once I've located some PVA glue to stiffen it, it will be winging its way to North Yorkshire for Yarndale.

Took less than a baseball game to make, doesn't seem to need any blocking and the Cardinals won ... all good!

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard of Yarndale before but it sounds like a great weekend out. It would certainly take me longer than a baseball game to produce something like this and it definitely wouldn't look this good by the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good grief, I was typing a comment and it disappeared into thin air! I love your mandala and your little purses. You are a good crafter! I pinned your Mandala on pinterest too. Can't wait to see it on Lucy's blog! I'll be looking for it.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete